Disappointing news… Firefly Cruise 2009 is indefinitely postponed. After a lot of deliberation we have made the decision to postpone Firefly Cruise 2009 (aka Browncoat Cruise 2) until a later date, yet to be determined.
Sadly, a combination of factors beyond our direct control have made it inadvisable for us to take the financial gamble at this time. Obviously the economy in general has been a major factor. Additionally the general perception of safety or possible lack there-of in Mexico has lead to a number of our potential guests and fans into having second thoughts. We had received (luke warm) assurances from the powers-that-be that we need not worry, but based on a fair number of emails, that hasn’t been quite enough to assure everyone that it’s safe enough.
Due to these and some other minor issues we’ve come to the conclusion we would probably lose money on this event at the currently planned time. So we have put our plans on hold until we see a bit more light at the end of the tunnel. And for the record, in case anybody was concerned (Flan 2), we hadn’t started accepting orders, so nobody is in need of reimbursement.
So keep your eyes here and on Whedonesque.com for any updates.